Thursday 18 June 2009

These boots were made for walking

I did the moonlight walk half marathon for St. Catherine's Hospice in Preston on June 6th (my third year) and we did our best time. Thankfully it's not one of those that you do in your bra - that would be more of a challenge than the walk.

I have also convinced my husband that walking for the sake of it is a good thing and so on Wednesday we decided to have a (wet) walk around Rivington and up to the Pike. It was actually really beautiful in the rain and was very, very quiet, especially as the children were at school.

We are determined to do more of this as the weight needs to come down for both of us!! Another goal is to try and make this blog look a little more exciting - any suggestions gratefully received...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been up Rivington pike and nearby Angelzarke a few times over the last year, but never in the rain. I'll have to give it a try sometime!